Sunday, May 8

Mother's Day Tradition

As I am sitting here so early in this morning (no sleeping in for me) looking at my Mother's Day card, I can't help but wonder, does it get much better than this? 


To me, there is no more perfect occasion for a homemade card or gift than Mother's Day. This is one of the events of motherhood I have always imagined and looked forward to because I always took creating homemade treasures for my mom pretty serious as a kid and so far I have not been let down as Nyah is arriving to this sweet age. 


The gifts, cards, pictures, masterpieces she has given me have far exceeded my expectations of this anticipated moment. These gifts are priceless. To me, and I am sure I am speaking for many mommas out there, there is nothing better than a homemade gift from the heart and hands of the little ones you love most. The hard work of those little fingers, the thought, the dedication and the pride (she had to give me this on Friday when she got home from school, just couldn't help herself), there is nothing more rewarding.
Each year, Nyah's teachers helps the students make cards like these for Mother's and Father's Day and they are perfect. Words spoken straight from the mouth of the little one, word for word.  So we all now see what Nyah's priorities are in life are; juice, candy, and lipstick. I am actually surprised she didn't mention Nana's name in here somewhere, another one of her main obsession in life. 


So, Happy Mother's Day to all. Enjoy celebrating the woman who brought you into this world, today and everyday.


P.S. Happy Mother's Day, Mom, your homemade card is in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...